Did you know you can save dozens of dollars on overdrafts using one app like Chime, Dave, or Brigit? Also, if you only need a small loan for a couple of weeks, you can get it with PayDaySay or Albert in one business day.
These are all cash advance apps available on any phone. They often have 0% APR, and you have to pay a small monthly subscription. You don’t need a high credit score to qualify for these loans, but proof of your identity, address, employment, and existing checking account.
Best $25 Instant Loan Apps
There are many different apps to help you bridge the gap between paydays. Some of them allow you to avoid overdrafts, and others to get a small loan before payday. What’s more, you can find apps that work with your employer and allow you to get early access to your earnings and avoid loans with high interest rates.
We’ve gathered 8 of the best apps, each with its pros and cons. Read their detailed descriptions below to determine which one is best for you, even if you have a bad credit score.
This app allows you to get five different types of loans, from $100 and $5,000, even if you have a low credit score. The platform connects hundreds of lenders and borrowers 24/7, so you can use it whenever you want.
To get a loan through PayDaySay, you need to:
- Download the app on your phone or go to the PayDaySay website.
- Fill in the application form with your personal information: name, phone number, address, and purpose of the loan. It takes only a few minutes for the app to analyze this information and match you with dozens of offers from various lenders.
- Compare the offers you receive and choose the best one. Then, enter your checking account information and click the “Confirm” button, which indicates your loan acceptance.
- Get the money into your bank account within one business day, and don’t forget to set a reminder on your due date so you don’t miss your loan payment deadline.
Users note the following advantages of this app:
- You don’t have to prove your employment or income level to get the money.
- The company has no minimum requirements, so nearly everyone can apply for a loan.
- The app works 24/7 and withdraws money directly to your account within one business day without fees.
- PayDaySay is free; it doesn’t charge a subscription or hidden fees for use.
However, this platform also has a few significant disadvantages, such as a high APR and a brief payback period of up to 4 weeks. In addition, if you don’t pay back the money on time, you can fall into a debt trap because lenders often charge late and other fees.
If you urgently need a small loan, but have a low credit score, this is an excellent option.
In this cash advance app, you can get credits of up to $500 with ExtraCash. In addition, you can turn on overdraft protection, and Dave will automatically transfer a small amount of money to your card, so you don’t have to pay extra fees.
To get money through this platform:
- Download the app from the App Store or Google Play and sign up with your phone number.
- Enter basic information about you in the app and connect an existing checking account that regularly receives qualifying direct deposits (paychecks).
- Based on your past month’s expenses and income, the app will set an available limit of cash advances for you. At that point, you’ll be able to use ExtraCash in a few clicks.
- You don’t have to worry about missing the due date because the app will automatically withdraw the borrowed amount from your connected bank account on your next paycheck.
- When you get a loan on this cash advance app, you can transfer the money to any external bank account. Depending on whether you’re willing to pay for an express transfer, the transfer can take anywhere from a few minutes to 3 business days.
Dave has the following advantages:
- You don’t have to pay APR or fees for credits.
- The company does not run a credit history check to determine your ability to pay.
- The app protects you from overdraft by sending you balances.
At the same time, it is essential to understand that you will have to pay a monthly fee to use all of these features, which is often cited as a disadvantage of this cash advance app. However, the price of such a subscription is $1 per month, so in our opinion, it is a reasonable value.
This app is excellent for you if you have a low credit score and need money for a brief period until the next paycheck. Everyone else is better off finding another app, as Dave will automatically withdraw the borrowed money from your account on a specified date, which can lead to overdraft fees if you don’t have enough money.
This app allows you to get cash advances of up to $250 and automatically protects you from overdraft by giving you $25 loans that do not affect your credit score.
To get loans from Brigit, you need to install the app on your phone, sign up, connect your existing bank account, and start using it. However, the app has its “Brigit score” of 100 points, which determines how much you can borrow; this credit score is calculated based on your income and expenses.
The app has many advantages for those who want to protect themselves from overdrafts and have an alternative to expensive payday loans:
- You don’t have to pay APR, origination, or other fees.
- The app provides automatic advances to protect you from overdrafts.
- The platform does not check your credit score before giving you a loan.
Of all the downsides listed by users, there is a $9.99 monthly fee and requirements for those who want to get credit through Brigit. For example, your bank account must be over two months old, receive monthly recurring deposits from the same source, and have available funds (above $0) on your bank account balance.
Brigit is a great option for you if you have a bad credit score and need a small loan to bridge between paychecks.
Another platform that provides lucrative subscription loans is MoneyLion. In addition to small cash advances of up to $250, the app also provides credit-builder loans and cashback rewards, and reports to the major credit bureaus.
To get funds through the app, you’ll need to download it to your phone and create an account – all you need is your phone number and email. The next step is to connect your primary checking account, which MoneyLion will need to analyze you as a potential borrower to determine how much credit you can be given.
Once the application has conducted its assessment, you can get a loan in a few clicks.
Among the app’s advantages, customers often highlight the following:
- The app has adequate interest rates on credit-builder loans (6% to 30%) and offers 0% APR cash advances.
- Even with a low credit score, you can still get funds from the app.
- If you have used MoneyLion for a long time, you can become part of the loyalty program and receive discounts and great deals.
- From the time you apply to direct deposit of the loan into your account, it usually takes a few hours if you use a MoneyLion debit card or MoneyLion checking account.
- The app has everything you need to build credit – free credit monitoring, helpful tips, and financial tools.
However, you should be aware of the following disadvantages:
- If you want a cash advance into a third-party checking account, the transfer can take up to three days.
- To use the offer, you have to pay a rather expensive subscription fee of $20.
Therefore, this offer is best for those with a MoneyLion bank account or who want a credit builder loan. Otherwise, the previous options are more favorable.
If you don’t want to use expensive payday loans, you can try the Earnin app, which allows you to get money from your next paycheck several times in the pay period.
To use this loan app, you need to download it and do the following steps:
- Connect your primary bank account.
- Upload your employment information to the app.
- Add your earnings by sending an electronic timesheet.
- Pay a tip and apply for the funds when you need a small payday loan.
- The funds you receive through Earnin will eventually be deducted from your paycheck via direct deposits.
If you’re not sure if this option is right for you yet, you can learn more about its merits:
- You can get money before your paycheck, but you do not have to pay 400% APR or fees like you do payday loans.
- You don’t have to go through a credit check to get the funds.
- You don’t have to pay a monthly membership fee to use this loan app.
- You can get up to $100 per day or up to $500 per pay period, which is more than some cash advance apps.
However, this option is not suitable for everyone because it has several significant disadvantages:
- You can only receive funds two days before your paycheck.
- To be eligible to use Earnin, you must have a bank account to which your employer regularly sends paychecks by direct deposits. This amount must be more than 50% of your total income and regularly deposited into a connected account.
Suppose you need a small amount of money a few days before your paycheck. In that case, this is an excellent option because it is inexpensive and available to anyone with a regular paycheck. However, if you want a 2-4 week loan, you’ll need to find another option.
Everyone who uses a Chime account has an excellent opportunity to get a cash advance for overdraft protection with Chime SpotMe. This loan can be from $20 to $200 and must be paid back during the next top-up of the bank account.
- Download the Chime app.
- Enter your personal information and connect your Chime account.
- Top up your connected account with at least $200.
- Turn on the Chime SpotMe feature in the app.
As a result, this loan app will automatically protect you from overdrafts whenever you don’t have enough money in your account for a purchase (within your limit).
The advantages of this app are as follows:
- You don’t have to pay APR or fees to use the money.
- The app has no minimum income or credit rating requirements.
- You only need to top up your account with $200 to access cash advances.
- The app is available to users without a paid subscription.
However, at the same time, it is crucial to understand that, at first, your limit will be $20. Also, this is overdraft protection, not a full-fledged cash advance that can be used for any purpose.
If you need an app that will allow you to avoid overdraft fees and use a Chime bank account, then this app will be an excellent option. In all other cases, it’s worth finding an alternative.
You can get up to a $100 cash advance and learn better to manage your finances with this intelligent interactive platform. The app’s purpose is to help you deal with complex financial situations, thanks to an AI bot that determines if you can afford the purchase you’re trying to make.
Signing up for this loan app is easy; you need to follow this plan:
- Download Cleo to your phone and create an account using your number.
- Enter your bank account information so the app can track transactions.
- Take advantage of all available features to learn how to manage your finances better.
For example, you can go into the app and see an illustration of your balance with spending categories for the past two months. It will also help you improve your spending habits, teach you how to save in a separate Cleo Wallet, and allow you to get a $100 cash advance with 0% APR.
At the same time, Cleo has one major drawback – the money you keep in your deposit account is not protected and will be lost if the company goes out of business. Overall, it may be a good app for those who want to learn how to manage money, but it’s not the best option for those needing credit.
Unlike the previous app, this one allows you to chat with live people who are also finance experts. You can approach them with any question, and if you need a loan of $25 to $250, you can borrow money from your next paycheck.
If you have a bank account that regularly receives a direct salary, you can download the app and request a cash advance:
- Sign up with your email or phone number.
- Enter your personal information, including where you work.
- Connect your payroll bank account opened more than two months ago.
- Click on “Request cash” and get paid within a few days or hours for a small fee.
You can request up to 3 of these cash advances per pay period, but they will all need to be paid on your next payday.
What are Instant Loan Apps?
If you need a short-term payday loan and don’t want to wait in line at the bank, you can download cash advance apps and get money into your account within one business day. Typically, these platforms allow you to get up to $25 to $500 for up to 4 weeks.
Several types of cash advance apps offer different loan services:
- The first are payday loan apps like PayDaySay, which pair borrowers’ applications with lenders and allow even those with low credit scores to get money. These loans are usually costly and can lead to a debt hole.
- Some cash advance apps work as cash advances platforms and allow you to borrow money for a small monthly membership fee. Such offers often have a 0% APR.
- Others work with your employers so that you can have a portion of your payday a few days before your payday without any fees or APR.
If you need a small amount for a few days or weeks, such cash advance apps can help you. However, get a personal loan with better repayment terms if you want to borrow money for a more extended period.
Pros and Cons of Instant Loan Applications
Most users of such platforms note these advantages:
- It can take several hours from the time you apply to receive the money in your account.
- You do not need to stand in lines or provide many documents; you can submit your application online.
- Applications with payday loans approve your application within minutes and show you the available loan options without a hard credit inquiry.
- Most payday lenders do not look at your credit score before lending you money.
However, before you take advantage of such offers, you must consider all their drawbacks:
- They are costly. Many instant loans on the market have APR starting at 100%.
- Typically, these loans have a minimum repayment period of 2-4 weeks, sometimes even days, unlike personal loans, which can take years to pay off.
- Lenders charge borrowers various fees, up to 10% of the loan amount.
- Many such cash advance apps operate on a subscription model, for which you have to pay even if you don’t take out a loan that month.
The most important thing to understand is that such cash advance apps can only be used in emergencies and never as a long-term financial solution. If you have a good credit score, you’d better consider a personal loan as an alternative.
Alternatives to Apps for Instant Money
Each application where you can get a loan with a bad credit score has disadvantages. Some loans are available to everyone, but only at high interest rates, while others are only available to people with regular paychecks paid by direct deposit. If you can’t or don’t want to use such loan apps for some reason, you may want to consider their alternatives:
- Ask for a loan from friends or family.
If you plan to pay back the money on time, you better ask someone you know, not a financial institution. That way, you can avoid colossal interest and fees.
- Try to sell something you don’t need.
You have things in your house that you no longer use, and they can bring you the same $25 or $50 you want to borrow.
- Explain the situation to your employer and ask for your next paycheck a little earlier.
You can go directly to your boss and explain the situation if you don’t qualify for Earnin-type applications.
If you are in a difficult situation and need a small loan urgently, you can use one of the dozens of instant loan apps. They fall into different categories and have various features to help you:
- Find a lender, even if you have a bad credit score.
- Get a small loan amount.
- Get access to your payday days before your payday.
- Avoid overdrafts.
Depending on which financial service you need, you can use PayDaySay, Brigit, Earnin, Albert, and others. They allow you to borrow money without queuing at any time of the day; you only have to provide personal information and connect your primary checking account.
Cash advance apps can save you in an emergency, but they shouldn’t be a long-term financial solution.